1. Ash Wednesday
Marks the beginning of Lent
6:40 AM | 8:00 AM
5:15 PM | 6:30 PM
2. Lenten Missions
"Call to the Deep"
Deacon Ralph Poyo from New Evangelization Ministry
February, 20th-22nd | 7:00 PM
"40 hours of Adoration"
Father Zachary from S.O.L.T joins us to share about Eucharistic Adoration
March, 6th-8th | 6:30 PM
3. Fish Fry
Where: Parish hall
When: Fridays in Lent
4:30 PM- 7:30 PM
Hosted by the Knights of Columbus 11312
Dine in & Carry out
4. Stations of the Cross
Meditation on the Passion, Death & Resurrection of our Lord
Every Friday in Lent
Good Friday 3 PM
5. Lenten Book: Thirst 40 days with Mother Teresa
Join our parish for a Lenten book study similar to our advent study. Our hope is that this study would be done with couples, families, siblings, men’s groups, women’s groups, couples groups or maybe just yourself. Study guides are available with books or on App or parish website. Books will be available for pick up.
Back to the Future
GIFT is a fundraising event Friday, October 22 for North American Martyrs Parish and School. The event includes a cocktail reception with open bar hosted by Don Johnson Homes, catered dinner by Parishioner Aaron King of Genoa Food Co, silent and live auctions, cash lottery, and DJ. GIFT will be held in the gymnasium of North American Martyrs at 1101 Isaac Drive, Lincoln, NE 68521.
5:30 p.m. – Cocktail Reception
7:30 p.m. – Dinner
Menu: Mixed Greens, Diced Cucumbers, Carrots, Roasted Corn, Feta and Honey Ginger Vinaigrette Coffee and Cocoa Aged New York Strip “Filet” + Marinated and Grilled Chicken Thigh Roasted Poblano Mashed Potatoes, Latin Style Sauteed Green Beans, Onions and Peppers Roasted Red Pepper Demi Glace
*Meal is Gluten Free – Vegetarian option available. Please indicate any need below.
8:30 p.m – Live Auction/Lottery Drawing
Cost is $100** per person includes an open bar. Proceeds will benefit the church and school.
Dress code: This year’s theme is “Back to the Future.” Dress in your favorite decade or 80’s attire or cocktail attire.
If you are interested in an additional donation or sponsorship opportunity, contact Rebecca McNeese at 402-314-2175. You may also contact Rebecca if you have questions about GIFT.
This is an adult-only event. You must be at least 21 years old to attend. **Per IRS guidelines, $50 of the price per person will be in exchange for the benefit received. The balance of your payment may be a tax-deductible contribution to the extent allowed by law.
Here is a LIST of the Live Auction Items:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is GIFT?
- GIFT stands for Gathering In Faith & Thanksgiving – GIFT is a dinner with silent and live auction fundraising event we hold every Fall, typically on the football bye-weekend.
What is GIFT a fundraiser for?
GIFT is a fundraiser event for the Parish Community, not just the school. The funds are added to the overall budget and used towards various expenses throughout the year.
Who should attend GIFT?
- ALL (age 21+) are invited to attend.
- Single?! – Invite your friends! You can pick who you sit by! We’d love to see a Young Adult table (or more!) at the event.
- Married?! – What married couple doesn’t need a good excuse for a date night?
- Young or old! – GIFT is for all 21+ age groups. It’s a great way to meet other parishioners or spend time with your church friends.
When and where is GIFT?
This year’s GIFT event will be held Friday, October 22 in the gymnasium at North American Martyrs.
How do I purchase tickets/reserve seats for GIFT?
- To reserve seats, complete this form and submit it with check or cash by October 4 to North American Martyrs Church, 1101 Isaac Drive, Lincoln, NE 68521 (mail or drop off at the office during open hours.)
- You may also sign up and pay electronically by October 4 via the registration link at namartyrs.org/GIFT or at https://www.silentauctionpro.com/onlineticketpurchase.php?groupId=667 ($3 credit card fee added to purchase.)
How much are tickets to GIFT?
- Tickets are $100 per person ($103 if paying online) and include plated dinner and an open bar.
- We will do our best to accommodate all seating requests.
- If you’re interested in purchasing a table of 8, please contact Rebecca McNeese at 402-314-2175 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is my ticket purchase tax-deductible?
Per IRS guidelines, $50 of the price per person will be in exchange for the benefit received. The balance of your payment may be a tax-deductible contribution to the extent allowed by law.
What else can we expect at GIFT?
- Fellowship & Fun!
- 30+ silent auction items including the infamous “classroom projects” created by our own NAM students
- An open bar provided by Don Johnson Homes (Brad + Julie Johnson, parishioners) and a lovely dinner from Genoa Food Co. Catering by parishioner Aaron King followed by amazing desserts from parishioner & pastry chef, Stacy Pfeifer. (Gluten free dinner. Dietary restrictions will be addressed.)
- Parishioner, Owner & DJ Shawn Labadie from Complete Weddings + Events will emcee the night and entertain us with music throughout the evening.
- Live auction with Auctioneer, Russ Moravec with items for a variety of tastes.
How can I help with GIFT?
- There are many ways!
- Attend the event and encourage your friends and family to also!
- Serve on the committee
- Donate $ to GIFT
- Donate Live or Silent Auction items
- For more information please contact Rebecca McNeese at 402-314-2175 or email@example.com.